Thursday 27 October 2011

Chalk & Cheese

I am so enjoying scrapbooking at the moment!  Obviously, some of my layouts work out better than others, but that is part of the learning process, and I am learning to try new things courtesy of my online class.  I am really enjoying actually using some of my pretty papers instead of hoarding them away, although even some of the older ones can still be quite difficult to cut into - but I love seeing them in my album instead of in my stash.  Since starting attending the crop and doing the class, I have practically filled up a whole album (plenty more still to share!)

So, this layout is the result of prompt #3 to do a concentrated layout.  I cut up a whole set of brand new papers (eek!) only to have to abandon them because they didn't work with the white background, and I knew that I definitely wanted to use a white background (that was quite painful!)  However, I love these old papers (Basic Grey Urban Prairie) and now don't have many left ... may in fact have to purchase some new papers (yay) at the rate that I am using my existing ones!


I must admit that I really like this layout ... it may look simple but I can assure you that it nearly drove me mad.  I definitely wanted to use the rosettes that I had made with Daphne (thanks Daphne!) and also my new butterfly and border punch and that probably made life more difficult, but I did it!

Carole x

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love it, i love all the "white" space, and the beautiful papers, and those rosettes are truly gorgeous!!! Chalk and Cheese? Are those nicknames, haha? I really love the journaling you put on this one too, kind of reminds me of Nolan and Ailis. We call Brenna the hybrid, because she's like a mix of the two. Definitely have to make a "hybrid" page in the near future! P.S. what is a concentrated layout? And too bad about your new paper, but hopefully you can use it soon and won't feel so guilty! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it carole, well done, love the photo and the saying too...

    in fact love everything about it...

    well done on using your stash and YES you need to buy some more, lol...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely layout, Carole!!! And I even like the papers! ;) hope to see more of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole!
    This is a beautiful layout - I loke the focus on the picture. And I love the rosettes. The make fabulous accents!
    Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm definitely loving Shimelle's PPP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Carole!! thanks for hopping over to my blog to leave me such a lovely message.
    your layouts are wonderful too.... especially loving the colours in this one.
    and as for scrapping on half term, its easier than you might think... my 2 boys are 9 and 10 and all they ever want to do is play computer games... and as its been raining most of the week and as I don't drive we really haven't had much choice... Elsie the baby sleeps twice a day so I get time to scrap then and as for Lola my 3 year old, she scraps along with me... or plays with her toys in the room next to me lol so not as bad as you might think having 4 kids! I just do the housework first thing, and in between Elsies nap times.

    keep going with Shimelles class.... even if you can't keep up, there is no time limit on them.. can't wait to see what you do next xxx

    ReplyDelete