Thursday 10 January 2013

A Christmas Carol(e) - The Final Installment

Ta - Da!!!


Here it is at long last ... my completed 2012 Christmas Journal.  It wasn't easy.  It took a long time.  But ... I LOVE it, as I always do, this being my third complete Christmas Journal :)

The last few pages:


a double page layout for Christmas Day.  So many photos not much room for the patterned paper, so just a little bit of bunting!


I considered doing a double page for Boxing day, but when I worked out which side of the page the journal would end on, I stuck with a single page :)


Having loved my earlier pocket pages, I couldn't resist including some more!  (I am SO looking forward to starting my own version of Project Life with all of those lovely pockets to fill!!!)


It wouldn't have been right to complete a journal without including all our pets, so here is Pickle's page.


A really simple page, again for a day when I failed to take a photo :/


Tilly's page (even though she has actually appeared in the journal previously!)


New Years Eve.  I don't like New Years Eve.  Never have.  Having said that, it hasn't been too bad in recent years, so therefore even though we didn't have plans I wasn't dreading it like I have done previously.  However, this New Years Eve had the potential to be the worst ever when we had a health scare with our lovely old dog Ollie.  Luckily, although the problem is still unexplained, he seems fine for now.  Well, as fine as a nearly 14 year old large dog can be.


Not really a page about New Years Day, more a page of reflection and hopes for 2013.

So, that is it for the pages of my journal.  I had a little bit more to do, namely the inside front and back covers:


A very simple inside front cover, from a poster art pin on Pinterest (love this).


Another simple layout for the back cover, including a photo taken on New Years Day 2013.

Thank you for looking and for bearing with me!  I am so glad that I stuck with it and kept my determination to finish my favourite project of the year.

Right!  How do I do 12 x 12 scrapbook layouts again?!?!?!  It seems like so long ago that I last did one I may have forgotten how to :(

Carole x

4 comments:

  1. Well done Carole! Some gorgeous pages there and you saw it through the whole month.
    It looks wonderful!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Carole, I absoloutely love your album. I must now plod on with mine :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Carole, it sure was great doing this project again with you this year, and you sure are incredible for sticking it out and finishing! I'm not too far behind, as I'm only going to Christmas day, but I'm determined to finish before I get too carried away with other projects. I love your whole album, but especially that last journaling page - do you mind if I steal that idea? And I love your word tree, too - very cool, and eye catching! Did you see how many followers the pinterest board has?! Hopefully next year we'll be able to continue with this tradition. Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah as I was lucky with the other post thought I would try this one again and it work, thank goodness...

    carole I love your DD, you done well in keeping it up and I love all the pages, well done you and look forward to seeing this years one, hehehe...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete