Thursday 29 April 2010

No Crafting today, but I did make something ...



Sadly, there was no action in the Crafty Corner today :( I had a rotten headache, so even went for a little lie down which was going swimmingly until a certain little red devil kitten dive bombed me and woke me up with a start (you can go off kittens you know!) The same little minx also woke us up at 5.45 a.m., so not a good start to the day! It's just as well he's got such a cute little face that we can forgive him!

So, although no crafting, I did make something! A batch of Orange and Cranberry Muffins - yum! These are based on a Nigella recipe from her Christmas book (that I made for the first time on Christmas morning as they are named "Christmas Morning Muffins"!) but I have adapted it to my tried and tested basic muffin mixture that I then add whatever ingredients I fancy to! I wondered about giving you the recipe here, so let me know if you would like it!

Notice the kitchen wall behind the muffins? We are in the process of renovating our kitchen, so no doubt there will be more on that as it progresses. At the moment we are waiting to hear from the plasterer before we can actually make a start, and I have to avoid crumbling plaster in my muffins!

Carole x

5 comments:

  1. Now they do look very yummy, would go perfectly with a brew hugs alma lol "little red devil" Love your pet photos Tilly has such wonderful eyes, Ollie is so cute and Morris is just so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...yummy looking muffins, and a much more sane blog post than my own today (um yesterday now)...he he! Gorgeous photos of your babies, and how Morris has grown!!!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Yum! Yum! Yum!
    What more can I say, they look delish!
    Suzie xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM they look fab carole, and YES, would love your recipes on your blog please...

    love your pet photos, never thought of that, might pinch your idea... then again who wants to see photos of tortoises, lol...

    by the way when we do get time to meet up, I hope it's 'after' one of your baking sessions, then I can check for plaster in them, hehehe...

    maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look scrummy!!!

    ReplyDelete