Saturday 7 April 2012

Easter Bunnies

Firstly I must apologise for my lack of blogging recently, no excuses really, got quite a few bits and bobs that I could have shared but I've been a bit slack - sorry!

Anyway, my lovely friend Angela and I had lunch together last week and then we spent the afternoon crafting at my dining table.  Such a lovely afternoon!  For Angela it was a bit of a break in her crafting drought and she made a lovely couple of cards, and I did this layout:


I felt compelled to do an Easter layout, even though the picture wasn't necessarily taken at Easter!  I love the flower die cut paper, but I find them so difficult to use, so just went for it!  I'm never sure whether to just cover it up or to leave it so that you can see how pretty it is, so I went for a bit of both!  Our rabbits died five years ago now, and I definitely wouldn't want any more but they were much loved, especially Roly (the grey one in the picture, he was such a cutie and so gentle).

I have also been baking Easter treats, a traditional Simnel cake:


This has got to be one of my most favourite cakes (and actually the recipe that I used for my Christmas cake last year) largely down to the marzipan - I really really love marzipan!  And unlike a Christmas cake, I don't even have to pick the icing off!

Carole x

5 comments:

  1. Super cute layout! and your cake looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely LO carole and yummy looking cake...

    hope you are having a good Easter weekend...xx

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, first of all, love the layout, the flower paper is gorgeous, and your bunnies look so cuddly and soft! Second of all, I've never heard of a Simnel cake, but it sure looks delicious! I've never attempted marzipan before, and after my cupcake disaster, I probably won't any time soon - I'll have to live vicariously through you! Hope you had a great Easter, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bunny layout Carole, and extra cute bunnies too! Love your cake, and guess what, I made one too! Followed your wonderful receipe and it was really delish! Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww.... see how slack am i being??? i hadn't even seen that you had blogged!!

    love the easter page, your bunnies are so cute and fluffy! plus the cake looks delis, even if it does have that horrible marzipan stuff on it :)

    I wish you would blog your Hayden grid layout so we can compare how amazing, but different they are!!!!

    ReplyDelete