Wednesday 25 April 2012

Smash*

Carole's Happy Stuff

OK, I must admit that I have owned this Smash Book since Christmas when I received it from Suzie (thanks Suzie!)  It's not that I didn't want to start Smashing, it's more that I didn't quite know how to!  So, after much persuading by Suzie, I gave the whole idea a lot of thought (yes, Emma, I'm very good at thinking about what to do!!!).  I sat down and flicked through a whole heap of magazines and snipped out lots of bits that appealed to me for whatever reason.  I scoured the house for odds and ends that I have kept, and put all these bits into one place.

Then I realised what my problem was while flicking through the actual Smash book - some of the papers were way too busy for me and they were actually blocking me :(  So, I cut some kraft and graph paper and stuck them in over the offending papers - and at this point I must apologise to Smash fans who love those papers!  If all my pages had been kraft, graph, lined or plain, I think that I might have finished the whole book some time ago - this probably says a lot about me!!!

So, with a blank canvas, I created a title page:


I used more of my washi tape than I ever have on this page, and I love it!  I wasn't sure what to call it, and toyed with something involving the word inspiration but that isn't what I want my book to be all about, so I came up the word happy :)

My first pages turned out like this:


I sat in my Crafty Corner shuffling bits of paper for ages as it really does feel very different to scrapbooking, but eventually I got the glue out and stuck things down!  I felt that it all came together once I got the pen out and did some journalling and doodling :)



So, what do you think?  Any comments/suggestions gratefully received from this new Smashbooker (is that even a word?!)

Carole x

9 comments:

  1. really cool carole, love them.
    Hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW fab pages hun well sone for getting into it & I love your opening page its great!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous stuff!
    I too have had a smash book since Christmas..and you've just made me realise why I've been having problems getting started..so thanks for the kraft paper tip!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Carole, I just love your pages, they kind of bring a tear to my eye (maybe it's the wine talking!!! My BIL is visiting, so time to bring out the hooch, heehee!) Makes me want to come and visit you in England and pet your cats and eat your goodies! I kind of did the opposite of you and dove right into the smashing, and now I've been overthinking it and not producing as much - time to get back to that spontaneous feeling of just sticking stuff in, it's so freeing! Anyway, love your pages, they are so you, especially the kraft and banners, so just keep with it and this will be something you cherish forever! Big hugs, Roxy. PS- so glad you posted this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Carole, I knew you could do it, and they are really lovely too. Might have to get the brown paper out myself.
    Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. really great pages, I love them, you got a lot further than I have, I only got my first official book today. I have made my own but not stuck anything down yet, I think like you I just need to take the plunge and start, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Carole - may not be scrapbooking but are instantly recognisable as YOU!!!!!!!!!!

    Congratulations on trying something different.

    Gillxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it Carole, can't wait to see the rest xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, been having trouble leaving a comment carole, so will add it on the end here, lol..

      fab pages and look forward to seeing them in the flesh, well done...xx

      maria xx

      Delete