Tuesday 3 July 2012

15 at Fifteen


So here is a little layout that I did for my DS Hayden.  It isn't easy to get a good picture of Hayden, he isn't keen on having his photo taken, and I wanted to do a layout to celebrate his 15th birthday - in fact I quite like this idea, wish I had seen it on Pinterest sooner!!!  Never mind, can still get the next few, and already planning the one for Alex's 18th in my head :)  Actually, I really wish that I scrapbooked when my kids were little, I feel that I have missed so many ... better late than never though I suppose!

Once again for this layout I turned to my Basic Grey Boxer papers - they are just so perfect for male layouts and cards!  I tried to keep the embellishments masculine, butterflies can be male too!!!  It took me several goes to type out the list on my ancient old typewriter, kept doing typos (v. annoying to say the least!) Then when I showed Hayden his finished page, bless him (not) he pointed out another one :(  Me, being me, couldn't just leave it on there - that would never do - he's like his Mum like that :)

Carole x

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant layout Carole.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the page and what a fabulous idea! My favourite papers too...that's what comes of not having a girl to scrap...:(
    I feel the same way about scrapbooking..DS was 18 when I started scrapping...think I'm almost caught up!
    Hugs xx
    p.s. totally with you on "mistakes"...even if I'm the only one who notices..I have to put it right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Carole, what a lot of lovely things listed about Hayden too, might have to give this one a go myself. Sorry I've not been around lately, trying to get back into scrapping and smashing :) just going through my overflowing stash and trying to be weed out things to make crafting easier. Miss chatting with you, and hope to catch up very soon! Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carole, you're so cute with your typo - phobia, haha! This is a wonderful page and a fabulous idea, I'll have to remember it for Nolan's coming up on the 8th, ACK! You're right, these papers are perfect for male pages, wish I had bought some of this line when it came out. Hugs, Rox.

    ReplyDelete