Monday 19 November 2012

Wooden Snowman Family

Meet my Snowman Family!!!


I saw something similar to this on Pinterest (whatever did I do for inspiration before Pinterest?!) and asked my OH if he had any wood suitable in his workshop ... he did (left over from when we had to have the workshop roof replaced).  My next question of course was whether he could cut the planks into Daddies, Mummies and Babies which he did, and while he was at it he sanded the rough edges and painted them for me.  My part in the process was to make the hats and scarves (with tiny little sweetie buttons sewn on for decoration) and stick on the buttons and noses.

I love how they turned out, and love that it was a joint project 

We were lucky to have enough wood for four families, so shall give three families away as Christmas gifts (to good homes only!!!)

I have been working on other Christmas projects so shall have more to show soon!  I also hope to get to work on my journal soon and may even try and do my cover tomorrow!  Watch this space!

Carole x

6 comments:

  1. Love love love this gorgeous Christmas family!

    Can't wait for Paul to come home so I can steal your fabulous idea.... Again! :)

    I hope the homes they end up in are appreciative, who wouldn't love and look after these new additions, soooo cute! You are very clever, I'm so pleased you skipped downtown again today xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Carole! And how lovely to do a project together!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute carole, and well done on a family project lol see we all have arty hubbies, hehehe...

    look forward to seeing what else you make,

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete