Friday 1 July 2011

Birthday Card

Just a quick post to share a recent birthday card that I made for my Mother in Law.  Had a very busy day as any minute now we are expecting guests for the weekend - have cleaned the house, been for a hospital appointment, done the weeks food shopping, baked a Cherry Bakewell cake and a batch of Banana and Chocolate Chip muffins, made some homemade burgers for dinner and a big bowl of coleslaw - phew!  Looking forward to a nice weekend with them.


For this card, I wanted to use my new butterfly die (still really want a Martha Stewart butterfly punch, but this will do until I get one!)  Then I decided to try a different shape card, and this is what I came up with.  Thought I was very brave to add the black and white spotty paper but none of the matching papers were working for me in the frame, and then when I found a spotty brad in my stash it was perfect (and it doesn't often happen like that, for me anyway!)  Did you notice?  Not a hint of brown paper or kraft ... but is it still a typical Carole card?

Carole x

5 comments:

  1. I am shocked! But it's a lovely card! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know whether it's a typical Carole card but it's certainly a lovely card. Gorgeous colours and I love the different shape.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still has your stamp on it Carole (pardon the pun!). Can you send me the name of that die pls?

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Gillxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheer crafting yummyness!
    Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card and yes it's still got the carole touch, and still fab, well done...xx

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete