Thursday 21 July 2011

Happy Anniversary

This week, Phil and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary!  How did that happen?  We are going away for the weekend to London, and I am looking forward to it very much, although unfortunately, I have been really poorly this week :(  Hoping to manage to still do all the things that we want to do which is a different list to what we normally do when we go to London.  We usually go to Harrods and Liberty and often Covent Garden, so we are keen to do something different this time, as well as revisit some honeymoon destinations.  We were married on the Saturday 20 years ago, but didn't fly out to the Greek Islands for our honeymoon until the Wednesday, and so we spent the couple of days after the wedding in London.  We want to go and get some photos outside the hotel that we stayed in then as well as the lovely area (Shepherd Market) that we explored all those years ago.  I am intending to make a mini book of the weekend/20th wedding anniversary over the next couple of weeks ... so watch this space!

So, here is the card that I made for Phil:


I managed to find a page in my old book (about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table) all about love and marriage, and then punched out or die cut 20 hearts, one for each year of our marriage.

I'm very pleased to say that I have finally finished the curtains for Hayden's room and they are now hanging and making his room look very cosy.

Carole x

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Carole - great idea to have 20 hearts on it (would it be OK for me to copy the idea for our 30th in October?).
    Have a great weekend in London - hope you're feeling much better.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW carole fab card...

    Happy Anniversary, hope you both have a lovely weekend in London and feel up to doing all the things you have on your list...xx

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Carole, 20 years is fantastic!!! I've always wanted to go to Greece, was it everything I think it is (that is, beautiful, peaceful, white and blue)? Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but maybe you'll be better for your trip? Anyway, have a great time (will you post pics?) and I looooooove the card (recognize the BG paper, too!) and how you added a book page- that is just too cool! I may be lifting that idea if you don't mind. As long as our husbands don't compare notes, it should be all right, don't ya think? Big hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Carole! Hope you had a wonderful time away!
    Suzie xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete