Thursday 26 August 2010

Happy Birthday D!

I've been a bit neglectful of my blog, but trust me, there is a LOT going on around here to keep me away, not least that I have started my new job, and since I am training, I have worked four days this week, fitting in everything else around that. However, I am getting on well, and it really is a perfect job for me and I am enjoying it.

Alex also did really well with her GCSE results, much better than any of us could have dared to hope, and she has now secured herself a place at the sixth form that she really wants to go to, so that is really good news.

Our old dog Ollie has been really poorly this week, I was desperately worried about him, but it turns out not to be as sinister as I had feared, so that also is good news.

Anyway, here is a card that I made for my Stepdad's birthday last weekend:


I was worried that hearts on a card for a man wouldn't work, but I think with these papers I got away with it, hope you agree!

Carole x

4 comments:

  1. lovely card carole, I think it works very well....

    so pleased the job is going well and fantastic news on alex results and getting the place she so wanted...

    have a good BH weekend...
    hugs
    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting your job Carole, I just knew you would get it. It sounds like your enjoying the training When you get time I would love to hear all about it. I am sorry to here Ollies not been well I hope hes on the mend now, how old is he now? Alex I know I said it before but its worth a second mention well done, you deserve your good results you worked so hard. Your stepfather card is wonderful I am sure he will love it, the heart looks fab hugs almaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole - the card works brilliantly! Are those Boxer papers I can see? It's one of my all time favourite BG lines.
    Sending lots of sparkles and hugs to Ollie and fingers crossed for Phil.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fab, works perfectly for a chap.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete