Saturday 11 December 2010

Christmas Journal - 11th December

I can't believe that today I made my first batch of mince pies for 2010.  Outrageous!  Normally we would have had a few batches by now, but I suppose that is the problem with being a working Mum which I wasn't this time last year.  I made these so that I had something to take with us tonight when we go to our friends house for dinner and games (mind you, as it is the X Factor final tonight, maybe we will end up watching that as well).

So, my page for today:


I went with stars since the mince pies were photographed on my beautiful Christmas star shaped Emma Bridgewater dish (I love Emma Bridgewater!)

Carole x

4 comments:

  1. another fab page carole, love the star dish...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I love mince pies - if only I could find my pastry recipe for them - it's gone awol! OH and DS actually prefer homemade eccles cakes (I have a Gordon Ramsey recipe) but for me it has to be trad. mince pies!
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh, I've never heard of Emma Bridgewater, but it is a gorgeous dish, and so are your pies! Hope everyone appreciates your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the star with the mince pies in, they look yummy

    ReplyDelete